Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Post test revelations




Hi,

Yeah, that's me; I did it. I passed my CDL exam! Nurse gone trucker. What's the matter with me anyway, huh? Well, if you knew me you would understand. Not gonna be a degreed drug pusher for Big Pharma anymore.

I guess I would have to say that I really wasn't too worried about taking the exam. I knew I wouldn't be perfect but I didn't think I would fail and I didn't. BTW the old gent I was talking about in a previous blog didn't turn out to be old and crotchety like I had thought; he was actually pretty nice (especially since he passed me ;).

I think the most difficult thing about driving a truck is the shifting. But while you are shifting you also need to be double-clutching (NOT putting the clutch pedal all the way to the floor like my leg would do all on its own as if I were driving a car), holding onto the steering wheel, and looking in ALL your mirrors all at the same time. Funny but, yeah, important.

"D" day seems to Monday, our day of orientation, actually, Monday and Tuesday and then, Wednesday, we are supposed to go our separate ways with our respective trainers, for, OMG, 6-8 weeks!!!














No comments: