Wednesday, August 27, 2008

August 25, 2008, Monday ~ We’re back in Omaha

Went to bed early last night, about 9pm and found myself awake at 5:30. Went into the store to get some coffee and Dallia was on the Qualcomm. She said Werner had asked if we could drive the truck back to the terminal and I said that beats just sitting here. We drove back and only had to stop three times. Its noon now as I'm writing and Dallia is telling me that she has put a call into another company who has already done her background check and is ready to hire her. She says is fed up with not having made any money this past month and I see her point. For me though, I suppose I will be asking for another trainer and I'm not happy about that because for one, non-smoking female trainers are hard to come by (I think I got lucky) and I've already been sitting a week and, two, what are the chances I would find someone who prefers to eat healthier. I don't really feel like going back to the motel and waiting some more although I would have internet. But I also have the chance of sharing the bed with some lady I don't even know. That's what happened Saturday morning. My phone would ring a couple of times, I'd go answer it but there would only be the dial tone. This happened a couple of times so I called the front desk and they told me I was getting a room-mate. I was already packing up to leave so I knew that wasn't happening but still I asked, "Even if I have a double bed?" "Yes, it's in the contract you signed (that I didn't read because I had a room-mate already)". But what, really, are my choices now? I think the right thing for Werner to do is give us a truck that works and put us on the road. I want to get going, too, because Joe is driving and the time we should be getting back together is getting further along. I had already figured it wouldn't actually be two months but more like two and a half months until we met again because of where we would be when we qualified and when we would each qualify. Also, if the trainer thinks you're a safe driver and you've got it then they can qualify you at 210 hours instead of 275 hours.

No comments: